School Council is an important part of helping our young people to become active, democratic citizens. Our school council is a representative group of pupils elected by their peers to represent their views and raise issues with the senior managers and governors of their school. Each year, a class representatives are selected and contributes to the leadership of School Council.
The school council can also take forward initiatives and projects on behalf of their peers, and be involved in strategic planning by contributing to Governor Visit day, and staff appointments.
Our School Council aims to:
- Ensure that pupil voice feels that their school responds to their needs;
- Have the opportunity to let adults know their feelings and opinions about things that affect them;
- Value and listen to the opinions of others,
- Have a say about decision, and to play an active role in making our school a better place;
- Develop active life skills through participating
- Enjoy and feel empowered by taking part in School Council projects;
- Contribute to the planning of charitable and fundraising work;
- Meet regularly to ensure the School Council is active and making a difference.
Hallbrook Pupil Council