Special Educational Needs / Disabilities
Our vision statement is the back drop for all we do in school, including our work with our pupils with additional learning needs. This Special Educational Needs / Disabilities (SEND) document gives families information about the variety of ways we ensure we support our children with SEND to achieve their potential. We provide a full range of educational and pastoral support to all our pupils. The information here is general; each child is an individual and will receive unique provision and resources where necessary.
There are a number of reasons why a child may be identified as having SEND:
- They are having significant difficulty with their learning and making far less progress than would be expected.
- They have a specific learning difficulty, for example dyslexia.
- They have emotional or mental health difficulties.
- They have difficulties with social communication and interaction.
- They have sensory and/or physical needs, for example visual impairment.
If you would like to speak to the school about SEND please contact Mrs A Dye, our school SENDCo using the contact us form under the contact us tab.